Crab and Corn ChowderWine Pairings: Chardonnay
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 large sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 6 red potatoes
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 8 oz. lump crabmeat
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Sautee the bacon in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until the bacon is crisp. Remove the bacon and drain on paper towels. Crumble and set aside. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of drippings.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the onions and garlic and cook in the hot bacon drippings until tender. Stir in the broth, seafood seasoning, potatoes and corn. Heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the crabmeat and cream. Cook for 5 minutes. Divide the chowder among 6 serving bowls. Top each with about 1 tablespoon of bacon.
Serves 6 / Recipe from www.allrecipes.com