Spaghetti alle VongoleWine Pairings: Pinot Grigio/Gris
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small dried red chile pepper, crushed, or a pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 pounds small hard shell clams
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound spaghetti or linguine
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves, finely chopped
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, warm the garlic and chile pepper in the olive oil until the garlic is golden brown, about 1 minute.
- Add the clams, clam juice and wine. Cover and simmer over medium heat, shaking the pan occasionally until all the clams open.
- While the clams are simmering, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook, stirring frequently, until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and transfer to a large bowl. Add the clam sauce and parsley and toss well. Serve immediately.
Serves 4 | Recipe Recipe Michele Calise, Mediterraneo, www.foodnetwork.com