Spicy Sauteed Calamari over PastaWine Pairings: Pinot Grigio/Gris
- 1 lb squid
- 3 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped (or more to taste)
- 1 bunch Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Give the squid a good rinse after you cut them into 1/2 inch rings. Be sure to drain out the rinse water in a strainer.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a wok or shallow saute pan. Add chopped garlic to the oil and cook until the garlic begins to become translucent or browns up a little.
- Add the calamari. Add tomato paste, red pepper, salt, pepper, and saute on medium heat for 8 minutes.
- Add a handful of italian parsley. Saute on medium heat for 2 more minutes.
- Serve with some additional parsley over linguini pasta.
Serves 4 / Recipe from www.food.com