Tuna Sandwiches ProvencalWine Pairings: Sauvignon Blanc
Tuna Steaks Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons drained bottled capers, rinsed and chopped
- 2 teaspoons coarse-grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 (6-oz) cans light tuna in olive oil
- 4 ciabatta or kaiser rolls, halved horizontally
- 1 head Boston lettuce (1/2 lb), any coarse outer leaves discarded
- 2 or 3 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/3-inch-thick slices
- 3 large hard-boiled eggs, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Whisk together mayonnaise, capers, mustard, anchovy paste, tomato paste, pepper, and 1 tablespoon vinegar in a bowl.
- Drain oil from tuna into a bowl and whisk in remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar. Brush insides of all roll halves generously with mixture.
- Add tuna to mayonnaise mixture and stir to combine.
- Make sandwiches with lettuce, tomato, egg, and tuna mixture on a work surface. Weight sandwiches with a heavy cutting board, large plate, or platter for about 10 minutes.
Serves 4/ Recipe from Melissa Roberts-Matar, www.epicurious.com