Oysters MornayWine Pairings: Pinot Grigio/Gris
- 24 oysters (half shell, if you can buy oysters this way)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (extra)
- rock salt
- Directions are for oysters already halved. Check out this online article here to learn how to shuck oysters: www.huffingtonpost.com
- Heat milk in a pan, when hot, mix a little water with cornflour, add to milk and stir until mixture thickens, it should be quite a thick consistency. Add Gruyere and 2 tablespoons Parmesan stir until cheese has melted.
- Pour rock salt into an oven proof dish enough to cover the bottom, helps oysters to sit evenly, place oysters in dish, spoon sauce over oysters to cover, sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese over each oyster (note: 2 Tablespoons approx enough to cover.).
- Grill oysters until browned and bubbling.