Grilled Shrimp PanzanellaWine Pairings: Riesling
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest, plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 small baguette (about 8 ounces), split lengthwise
- 2 1/2 pounds heirloom or beefsteak tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh basil
- Heat grill to medium-high. In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with the lemon zest, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Brush the baguette with 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil.
- Grill the baguette and shrimp, uncovered, until the baguette is golden and crisp, about 1 minute per side, and the shrimp are opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Cut the baguette into bite-size pieces.
- In a second large bowl, toss the shrimp, baguette, tomatoes, and basil with the lemon juice, the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Serve either hot or at room temperature..