Grilled Shrimp and Noodle SaladWine Pairings: Light Crisp Whites
- 14 ounces flat rice noodles
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup fish sauce
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Asian chili sauce (such as Sriracha)
- 1 pound medium-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 5 ounces shiitake mushrooms, trimmed
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook as the label directs; drain and rinse with cold water.
Meanwhile, whisk the lime juice, fish sauce, brown sugar, garlic, chili sauce and 1/3 cup water in a medium bowl. Transfer 1/4 cup of the marinade to another bowl and toss with the shrimp. Toss another 1/4 cup marinade with the asparagus and mushrooms in a third bowl. Let the shrimp and vegetables marinate 10 minutes at room temperature. Toss the noodles with the remaining marinade.
Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Grill the shrimp, asparagus and mushrooms until the shrimp is just cooked through and the asparagus is slightly tender, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Halve the mushrooms and cut the asparagus into pieces.
Divide the noodles among bowls and top with the shrimp, asparagus, mushrooms, carrot and cilantro.
Serves 4 / Recipe from www.foodnetwork.com