Braised Salmon with Roasted AlmondsWine Pairings: Pinot Grigio/Gris
- 1/4 cup whole roasted almonds
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 4 6oz skinless salmon filets
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 anchovy fillets, drained and mashed
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 pound linguine
- In a mini processor, finely grind the almonds. In a large skillet, heat 3 tbsp of the olive oil. Stir in the almonds, the onion, cilantro, garlic, anchovies and cayenne and season with salt and pepper. Add the salmon to the skilet and spoon some of the almond mixture on top. Season the salmon with salt and pepper and drizzle with a little olive oil. Cover the salmon and cook over moderate heat for 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to moderately low and cook until the salmon is just opaque throughout, 8 to 10 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the linguine until al dente; drain and transfer to a serving platter. Spoon the almond sauce and salmon on top and serve at once.
- Serves 4